Minutes 21st September 2017

Minutes of the Meeting held on Thursday 21st September at 7.00pm in Hope under Dinmore Village Hall

Parish Councillors: Cllr. N Ramsay; Cllr. Mrs K Clarkson; Cllr John Stone; Cllr J Pritchard; Cllr Leslie Legge (Chair); Cllr A Morgan Cllr K Rocke; Cllr N Giles and Cllr Paul Stephens.

Also in attendance: Parish Clerk: Mrs L Hay;

Member of the public present: one

1. To Receive Apologies for Absence – Ward Cllr Pauline Crockett

2. Declarations of Interest and Applications for Dispensations were made regarding the Village Hall – received from Cllr Stone; Cllr Clarkson and Cllr Ramsay.

3. Report from local Police Officer : no representative present.

4. Report from Ward Councillor Pauline Crockett – circulated.

September report :

At present there are 2 ongoing public Consultations, they are:-
1.Rights of Way Improvement Plan Consultation.

Herefordshire Council is reviewing its Rights of Way Improvement Plan (ROWIP) as it is required to do in accordance with the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000.
Please read the ROWIP 2017 to 2027 and then let us know your views by emailing herefordshireprow@bblivingplaces.com or write to Balfour Beatty Living Places, Unit 3, Thorn Business Park, Rotherwas, Hereford, HR2 6JT.
The consultation closing date is Friday 10 November 2017.

2. A further consultation in progress is the Public Spaces Protection Order (Alcohol).  The consultation period started on Thursday 31st August 2017 and will end on Wednesday 11th October.  All comments will be reviewed and a decision made regarding implementation of the PSPO in late autumn 2017. Further information is available on Herefordshire Councils website, or by email : pspoconsultation@herefordshire.gov.uk

There is a crackdown on illegal fly-tipping and waste disposal at present. Herefordshire Council has won an enforcement case against a local trader found guilty of unlawfully disposing of waste at a Household Recycling Centre. Household Recycling Centres in Herefordshire can only be used by residents to dispose of their own household waste. Herefordshire Council will continue to ensure that resident and business waste is disposed of responsibly, and that those who abuse the service will be prosecuted.
The Community Protection Team will investigate unlawful waste disposal and fly tipping cases that are reported via the Herefordshire Council website or by calling 01432 261761

Herefordshire Independents continue to support the concerns of local people and businesses regarding the implementation of on street parking in Hereford city. We are also awaiting the report regarding the massive overspend (highlighted by our group) on Blueschool House, which had its official opening on 4th September 2017.

Locally, I have received concerns from constituents regarding planning issues.

Pauline Crockett

5. Open Time –To Note Matters Raised by Local Residents Relevant to the Parish – as there were none raised the Chairman closed the Open Session.

6. The Minutes of Meeting held on Thursday 13th July 2017 were unanimously accepted as a true record and it was agreed they should be adopted and signed by the Chairman.

Matters arising:

6.1 The Plaque in memory of Cllr Beddoes was given to Cllr Ramsay and he will in turn liaise with Wendy Beddoes about her favoured place for the plaque to be displayed.

6.2 The Newsletter is ready to go to the printers. Various articles were promised and when these are emailed – the clerk will get 180 copies printed and these will be delivered to Cllr Legge for distribution.

7. Discuss and update on:

7.1 Cherry Brook – Question regarding whose responsibility it is to empty the litter bin. Clerk to liaise with Locality Steward
7.2 News from Newton – Pot hole by the Post Box – Clerk to liaise with lengthsman.
7.3 Queenswood – apart from the proposed Nature Walk Saturday 30th September – no up to date news.

8. Finance Matters:

8.1 Payments made since last meeting – NPD printing
8.2 Outstanding Invoices – schedule of payments circulated
(a) Annual Norton anti-virus protection – agreed.
(b) Upgrade to fibreoptic broadband – agreed.
It was unanimously agreed that the outstanding invoices should be paid; cheques were raised and signed.
8.3 Precept/Budget 2018/19 – it was agreed that the Chairman and Vice Chairman with the Clerk should meet on the 18th October to draft a budget/precept proposal for 2018/19. This proposal to be brought to the November meeting for discussion and approval by full Council.
8.4 Information corner (circulated) – Data Protection Information costs and Election costs to be taken into account when setting the budget/precept for 2018/19.
8.5 On-line banking – the signatories signed the appropriate form to enable the Clerk to have a ‘read only’ access to the account.
8.6 Internal ½ year audit will be carried out by Mr R Taplin within the next month.

9. To Receive Reports:

9.1 Village Hall Committee – Councillor J Stone reported that the bank balance is showing a balance of £2500 with some outstanding cheques to be banked. Cllr Stone reported that it has been agreed to update the urinals and refurbishment of the gents toilets at an estimated cost of £1,000.

The quote of £1,200 for redecoration and making good of the Village Halle exterior will have to be put on hold until next year due to financial restraints.

Cllr Stone asked if an advert for additional Village Hall committee members could be placed in the Newsletter.

Cllr Stone informed those present that it had been decided to cancel this year’s Harvest Supper due to dwindling numbers.

Cllr Stone asked about the trimming of the hedges around the Village Hall – Clerk to liaise with lengthsman.

9.2 Village Footpaths – Footpaths Officer Cllr N. Giles, reported that all was generally well with the footpaths at the moment. However, the stile on HD3 had completely collapsed and was in need of replacement. Clerk to liaise with lengthsman.

10. Highway Matters:

10.1 Update re: Balfour Beatty – Locality Steward – see below
10 2 Lengthsman work schedule for Sept/October – see below

The following jobs were discussed and it was agreed to liaise with the Locality Steward in the first instance and then issue a work sheet for the Lengthsman.

(1) The bin in Cherrybrook is overflowing and needs emptying. Need to establish whose bin this is? It does not get emptied on the routine collection so may need to arrange an alternative into place. Clerk to liaise with Locality Steward and maybe lengthsman will be asked to empty as part of the lengthsman funding.

(2) Pot Hole in Newton Lane – by the Post Box – to be filled – possibly with the new Viatec material recently trialled at Moreton on Lugg. Clerk to liaise.

(3) The ditch running along the village road – known as Kathy’s ditch – the vegetation has been burnt back and lorries are now mounting the verge and flattening the soil- need to check this is safe. Clerk to liaise with Locality Steward.

(4) A replacement stile needed – it is HD3 which borders Wynne’s field – the one tin place has collapsed. General opinion was that a kissing gate would not be a suitable replacement.

(5) The hedges around the Village Hall need cutting back.

(6) The brook at Cherrybrook is clear and there is no litter. The valves are clear but a general inspection would be appreciated by the Locality Steward sometime in the future.

11. Planning Maters

11.1 The Laurels – approved with conditions (circulated)
11.2 Site adjacent to Cherrybrook – appeal – noted not discussed.

11.3 Neighbourhood Plan up date
Cllr Ramsay confirmed that the consultation period was now closed. At the next meeting of the Neighbourhood Plan Committee it is hoped to collate all the information and proposals received ready to be sent off for the next stage of the process.

(to include response to Mr Mosinski email) – noted not discussed.
(to include response to Mrs R Wynne’s agent’s response) – noted not discussed.

11.4 Footpath diversion – Network rail – after lengthy discussion it was agreed by majority that the Parish Council would not support a proposed public path diversion order footpath HD4 (part).

11.5 British Horse Society – Buskwood Bridleway – Chairman to liaise with Martin Walker with regard to exactly who has been approached and the exact route of the proposed bridleway – no objections were raised to this proposal.

11.6 Upper Buskwood Farm have put in a recent planning application for a proposed conversion of existing disused agricultural building. As this application is in Wellington Parish, Hope under Dinmore have not received notification. Clerk asked to follow this up and circulate information available.

12. Items for the Next Agenda (no discussion) – none raised.

13. Date of the Next Parish Council Meeting 16th November 2017

As the newly appointed footpaths officer for H u D I just wanted to say if anyone has any issues with any footpaths they regularly use, such as getting impassable as very overgrown, or broken styles or gates locked where they should not be do let me know. I can’t promise to fix the problem but will try and also bring it up at the next available PC meeting.

Nicky Giles
Tel 01568 616752